Thursday, June 13, 2013

Me: Trying my hand at writing love poems about inanimate objects...I have this much time on my hands everyone!

My dearest Traffic Cone:
It seems that you caught my eye,
you seem like a very bright guy
I like that.
Who doesn't say that opposites attract?
We live a life: a giant balancing act
I'm indoors
You are outdoors
I am barely used anymore
and you, are so useful. the great outdoors, you get to explore
your orangeness makes me swoon
you contrast with plain me, a loom
you are not tall, nor dark but you sure are handsome.
our lives our separate
i am not trying to be desperate
but we could weave our lives into one giant blanket of love
i can make you a jacket or even a glove
I am intruiged by your dangerous life
our differences could be a common thread that brings us together.
But who knows? we could learn so much from eachother
with love,
Loom



Ps: i love spoke word poetry so this was originally meant to be spoken word but i recently entered it into a poetry contest and i am probably/mostlikely going to lose because even though its creative its not the best in the world. BUT!!!!! if you have unlikely inanimate object parings for me to write poems about please comment and i will try my best and write poetry about them because...its really fun.
<3 Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?