Monday, June 24, 2013

Makeup and self image

It sounds so intimidating to me, i don't know why, maybe because this may not be as funny as all the other blog posts i have written. I started wearing makeup when i was in kindergarten for dance recital purposes. my parents didn't really mind that i would wear makeup, but i didn't know how to wear it so it was an epic fail. But it seems that my generation feels like makeup is the most important thing to put on in the morning. i remember when i was little watching my mom putting on makeup and i have always wondered why people needed to cover up so much. The big thing when I was younger was having nice hair. I am white as snow but i didn't have the sleek and shiny hair like the people in the commercials did and i would try every shampoo to make my hair like the models. I also hated my short hair (which is ironic now since i love having short hair) and i would put fake hair pieces over my real hair.I actually did not have alot of self image issues until i was in eighth grade. I used to hate my body and yes, i still sometimes do. it got really bad my summer going into sophomore year when i did not want to eat sometimes. I was on a summer program and i refused to eat breakfast or lunch so they had to call central office about my eating habits. Now i love food but i still struggle with how much i eat versus how much i weigh. Now, looking back on all of these things that i did to look good, i do not understand why makeup and self image is a big deal. i understand if you medically need to be a certain weight and its all for medical reasons. I like to be as real as possible when i am out and i don't like hiding all of my blemishes, mainly because they are too much work in the morning and also, I, A HUMAN am not perfect and i do not pressure my friends to be perfect and i want people to think HEY SHE IS NOT WEARING MAKEUP! SO I WONT EITHER! the funny thing is that makeup is supposed to make your skin look flawless yet it causes most of the blemishes you get on your skin
You don't know your beautiful
<3 Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?