Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finding beauty from within

This connects with the whole "On Being pretty" article, but for a long time i never thought i would ever become what is called "pretty". a lot of my friends tell me that i am very pretty but on the inside. Does that count as calling me ugly? I don't know but i am just a wacky person and i never really saw myself as someone who was physically pretty, but then i realized something. when i saw a spoken word performance about being pretty i liked how she said that her kids are not to be described as a five letter word, but rather be pretty awesome, pretty intelligent, pretty amazing. i am not saying that physical beauty is a bad thing, i honestly wish i had more of it, but that is not the only thing important to me anymore, but being a good friend and having education and having friends who love me for who i am is way more worth it than being totaly beautiful with a crappy personality.I would rather spend my money on a book than on plastic surgery. beauty is way more than just looks, its about conducting your life in a "beautiful" manner and if it is spending money on plastic surgery than that is what is right for you. but  it is all in the eye of the beholder, because everyone has a different perspective on life and different preferences. But in actuality, live for yourself and not for any boy/girl out there.
<3 Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?