Monday, February 17, 2014

My reaction to Ellen Paige coming out

Before I start, I should let you all know that this is a straight person's point of view.
So I just watched Ellen Paige's coming out video( I will link  it at the end of the post) so, here is my reaction:
I personally don't like the idea of coming out and how it has become such a huge thing to do with all of these elaborate videos and news leaking. I think that it is an important thing to talk about human sexuality and our personal sexual preferences, but it is really saddening to see a homo/bi sexual or transgender person to go through all of the torture coming out is. Its like a shot in the dark, not really knowing how people are going to react. In a perfect world, people should not have to come out because we as people would be comfortable in acknowledging that sexuality is a thing and that there is a spectrum of sexuality. But of course now there are people out there who are in their forties still not out of the closet, afraid that someone will find out, and have them disowned or something equally as terrible (trying to be super general here mainly because every story is different). Humans are beautiful creatures, I firmly believe in that, but yet there is so much hate and so much ugly that we have to hide out true selves from others.
Also, the fact that the event has been trending on Face Book and all of the news has been focused on this event. I think its really unfair for her and many other coming out stories to be such big deals mainly because they are just normal people living their normal lives and sometimes we forget that actors can be homosexual or bisexual or trans. The media has such a heavy standard of what is cool or popular that a lot of celebrities have to keep up with and that is probably why there are a lot of celebrities in jail and doing drugs.
I sound super preachy, but I thought I should give my opinion on the matter because It has been on my mind.
Goodnight Y'all
Click here to access the article
<3 Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?