Sunday, September 29, 2013

Modesty, Femininity and all that lies Inbetween

So,  I am a person of short haircuts and it really makes me mad when my parents try and pursuede me to get a longer hair cut to make me look more "feminine". I understand that I can sometimes be not the most feminine but I have heard someone's perception of femininity, and  it is extremely distorted. They told me that females should wear tight, revealing clothing that fits with today's time. honestly I don't agree with this because women should dress however they want. Femininity should be solely based on expressing your inner self and not so much on projecting this false persona. Regarding to dressing in this time period, it seems that women are finding more problems in finding clothing to wear. A lot of shops, and magazines these days advertise these women in very little clothing and it is showing that wearing only a little bit of clothing will get you noticed. yes, it will get you noticed, but not in a very good way.  people shouldn't be judged on how masculine or feminine they look because these styles are just social expectations. Many people do not realize that sex and gender are two separate topics and should not be viewed as the same thing. when i was a young girl, i thought they were until i learned better. Being told that i look like a guy should not be an insult either and vice versa, because one should not dress to conform to a certain topic or a gender for that matter.
Moral of the story: I will still be wearing longsleeved shirts in the summer time, because i feel comfortable, and I really dont care if i look too masculine.
<3 Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?